Thursday, November 18, 2010

Closet Shopping


I have to admit, celebrity sightings and gossip magazines don't excite me much. I could truly care less about who a celebrity is dating or where they ate for lunch but when it comes to fashion, I can't take my eyes off them. When I heard about the new project that Google launched this Wednesday called boutique.com, I could hardly contain my joy. The concept is that anyone can create their own boutique, including celebrities. Others are then able to view and follow you-just like twitter. It gives you the virtual opportunity to walk into a celebrities closet and see what they have.

If you decide to set up your own boutique, it first asks you to do a quick survey, showing you two outfits and you pick the one you like best. Then after answering several of these, it pops out what it thinks your style is: Classic, Romantic, Casual Chic, Edgy, Street, or Boho. Then the rest is up to you to decide what you love and hate from the suggestions the site gives you. It's really a personalized shopping experience that enables you to discover fashion based on your own personal taste.

I think I have found my new time waster. Follow me if you join!

No comments:

Post a Comment